Brazen has undertaken some major architectural, structural and furnishing composite projects.
Advanced composites in this instance refers to glass or fiber reinforced laminates. A laminate is made from a pre determined number of glass or fiber layers which are bonded together with a resin adhesive.
- The laminate can be designed to meet design criteria such as strength, weight or flexibility.
- Advanced composite materials can be structural allowing designers to reduce or eliminate heavy steel or concrete support structures required for more conventional materials.
- Significantly lighter than conventional materials
- Flame retardant and UV resistant properties can be added to the laminate to achieve safety and durability requirements
- Composite materials are highly resistant to weathering and are impervious to corrosion.
Advanced composites can be used when a light weight self supporting component is required. Due to the light weight of the composite structure foundations and supporting levels can be reduced significantly. Ideal applications include:
Furnishings | Durabowl Toilet Pans
Composites provide an ideal solution for manufacturing durable, light weight, easy-to-install, vandal resistant toilet pans that retain the traditional appearance of a ceramic bowl.
Potential Applications of composite toilets:
- Public amenities
- Nursing homes & aged care facilities
- Correctional facilities
- Disabled facilities
- Schools and child care centres
- Shopping centres
- Sporting facilites/grounds/stadiums
- Hotels, motels, pubs and clubs
- Domestic premises
- Office premises
EcoLoo – Water-less and Odour-free Toilets
EcoLoo from Europe has contracted us to manufacture composite structures for their award winning design of environmentally friendly water-free toilets.
The long term goal is to establish a joint venture between EcoLoo and Brazen to create a dedicated manufacturing facility in Malaysia.